I came across this meme at Caroline's blog. Memes are great for generating ideas and getting to know friends better (Even long-time friends I see every week -- it's amazing the things we still don't know about each other!) I tag anyone who wants to explore through a meme.
1. Spell my name as it sounds: (I'm going with my last name here because it is often butchered.)
muh (rhymes with "duh") ran Most people stumble over it because it looks so much like moron, and they seem hestitant to offend me -- except for immature students who through the years have accidentally on purpose pronounced it incorrectly!
2. Am I a worrier? Sometimes, but not usually. When I'm worried about something, I pray.
3. What’s my favorite CD? I don't have one.
4. Favorite colour(s)? Pink!
5. Does my home have an attic? Yes, we have a pull-down door in our garage. I, however, have never been in our attic. My husband stores business-related items there. I would love to browse thorough an attic filled with someone's wonderful things.
6. Have I ever been to Canada? Yes, Montreal, Toronto, Calgary and Banff.
7. Have I ever gone fishing? Yes. When I was a child, my Grandpa and Grandma Fizer (maternal side) took my sister and me fishing many times. I never caught anything worth keeping, unlike my grandma who could put the hook in the water and snag a fish within seconds. I graduated from a pole to a reel and loved the motion of flicking back and releasing the line.
8. Have I ever seen a celebrity? Yes. American Idol 2008 David Cook
9. Have I ever been on a motorcycle? Yes. My husband (then boyfriend) and I took a sorority sister's out for a spin one afternoon.
10. How much money do I have on me right now? In my purse, I have about $40.
11. How many cars have I owned? Eight -- 2 Plymouths, 1 Ford Probe, 1 Datsun, 1 Nissan, 1 Cutlass, 2 Chevrolet Monte Carlos (one of which I have now)
12. How many jobs have I had? I have had 5 positions: unit secretary (at the nurses' station in a hospital, toll booth attendant (on the bridge over the St. John River in Jacksonville, Florida), librarian, teacher (in 4 different school districts) and teacher consultant.
13. How tall am I? 5'5"
14. Last person to call me: Katie, director of the Greater Kansas City Writing Project
15. Last thing I yelled out loud: "Jim, I made oatmeal!"
16. Last person I was in a car with: my husband
17. Last time I ate at McDonald’s: about two weeks ago -- I had a craving for their french fries.
18. Last thing I bought: some groceries, mostly fruit
19. Last person I saw: Jim on his way out to run errands
20. Last time I cried: This week when discussing sexual abuse with some friends (a heavy conversation).
21. Last time I laughed: This morning with Jim
22. What is the temperature outside? 71F. Wow! What a nice respite from triple digits!
23. What time of the day did I get married? evening
24. What did I do two nights ago? Rode along with Jim when he made a business-related delivery.
25. Who’s birthday is coming up next? Mine, acutally, September 5
26. What time did I go to bed last night? 12:30.
27. What was the first thing I thought this morning? "What time is it?"
28. What are my plans for this weekend? Attend a wedding this afternoon, go to church, go to my husband's end-of-the-year baseball-team picnic
29. Lemonade or iced tea? Either -- only if the lemonade is homemade, not something from a powdered mix.
30. What do I dislike at this moment? My body -- too pudgy.
31. What did I dream about last night? I can't remember exactly -- something related to teaching
32. What’s the last TV show I watched? Sex and City -- in reruns on TNT
33. What is my favorite piece of jewelry? A necklace with a big synthetic pink stone
34. Am I a dancer? in my kitchen Actually, Jim and I like to swing dance, but we seldom have a chance to dance.
35. Have I ever cut my own hair? All the time!
36. What is my favorite treat? Brownies with icing and nuts sprinkled on top
37. How many piercings/tattoos do I have? Pierced ears.
38. Where’s my favorite place to be? home or any quiet cafe with my friends Dottie and Betty Jo (Their company is comfortable, yet reviving!)
39. Is there someone I haven’t seen in a while and miss? Yes, my friend Betty Jo moved to Kentucky
40. Who was the last text I sent to? Patrick, about a week ago. I don't remember what wrote -- the process is such a slow one!
41. Do I care what strangers think about me? not really -- but probably sometimes
42. Last person I talked to on Instant Messenger: Jeff, over a year ago. When re-installing programs after a computer crash, I never got around to Yahoo! Instant Messenger. We have Skype now and use it more.
43. Last person to make me cry: something I saw on TV
44. Who can I tell anything to? God
45. What am I doing tomorrow? See #28 above.
46. Do I have alcohol in my home? Wine and whiskey -- the wine is for dinner parties (which I seldom have) the whiskey is from Ireland and the Jack Daniels distillery in Tennessee; the bottles have not been opened.
47. Do I like ketchup? Sure -- always with french fries
48. Do I think I will be on a vacation this summer? This summer my only vacation was traveling to Shelbyville, Tennessee, with my husband's baseball team. The women spent one afternoon in Franklin, one of my favorite places, eating lunch at Merridee's Breadbasket on the Franklin Square -- I highly recommend it!
49. What colour is my master bathroom? beige walls, white porcelian, sage green and pink accessories
50. Do I wear a bikini at the beach? not since I was in college!
51. Have I ever been to the Grand Canyon? Yes
52. What is my favorite fruit? I love all fruit -- except mango
53. What did I really want to do today? Same as Caroline! Sleep in. Stay in bed a long time after I woke up, reading. (It's a cool, cloudy day!)
54. Am I always cold? Not always, but often. I carry a jacket wherever I go, just in case.
55. Does it annoy me when someone says they’ll call or text, but don’t? Only if their call/text was about something I needed to know in regard to setting an appointment, finishing an article, etc.