Sunday, January 6, 2008

The Rest of the Story

In several posts lately, I have mentioned my grandson's stillbirth, but I have been remiss in not telling "the rest of the story."

Brock would have been five this past November, and I often think of him, but God has been good to me and has blessed me in many ways:
  • with a strong support group at my church and former school and across the world through my online writing class and Literary Mama
  • with two beautiful granddaughters who have given my whole family great pleasure
  • with a sweet, generous husband who loves and supports me and works hard to provide for his family
  • with two handsome sons who have become responsible, personable young men
  • with a wonderful daughter-in-law whom I love and value greatly
  • with the greatest sister in the whole world Oh! How we laugh!
  • with my parents who have enjoyed longevity of life and reasonably good health
  • with Jesus who is my Lord, Savior, and Friend
  • with His Word to comfort and guide me.
Though life can be hard, God is always good. So, I just want to set the record straight. I am at peace and filled with joy.

No comments: