Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Joseph's Song

My friend Don introduced me to this beautiful Christmas arrangement and lyrics. The melody is haunting and the words heartfelt as Joseph, an ordinary man, finds himself in an extraordinary position as the earthly father to the Son of God. Overcome by the enormity of this role, he beseeches, "Father show me where I fit into this plan of yours."

Joseph's circumstances were unique, but his desire to know God's will for his life is as old as time itself. A child of God longs to understand God's plan for his/her life, no matter what the situation -- job loss, illness, death of a loved one, retirement, marriage, divorce, widowhood, graduation, becoming a parent, beginning a new job -- the list is endless. The answers as varied as the individuals who are seeking.

Yet, God assures us of this much: "For I know the plans I have for you. . . “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11 )

Listen here: Joseph's Song. And may God reveal His plan for you this Christmas season.

No comments: