Monday, January 29, 2007

Serendipity

I love the word serendipity.

It would always be the first vocabulary word I'd teach my classes. The following day I would have the students get their class folders from the basket. When everyone opened his folder, they found a coupon from me: a free homework pass, 10 bonus points, or something else fun for them. Then I waited for someone to make the connection!

Today I was thinking of posting something about Emily Dickinson and decided to get her book of poems from the desk in my room. I opened the book and discovered thirty-three dollars that I had tucked inside the cover! What joy! A visit with Emily and an unexpected gift of cash!

1 comment:

Violeta said...

Ooh, I always thought that the first lesson said so much about a teacher. What a good one you had with "Serendipity"!